Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birds' Nest


I used to buy in bulk when I was in Cambodia as I didn’t travel back to Malaysia often and it was cheaper for bulk purchase. I always get my stock from my aunt in Sandakan, Sabah.

The good thing to buy direct from the local orang asli is that you can get a cheaper than market price. But the problem is those birds'nest are really dirty. You may spend hours just to clean one piece.

Miri is also quite famous of the birds' nest. I found a shop here selling CLEAN birds' nest with reasonable price.

My mom asked me to put one to two slices of ginger while double boiled the birds' nest. According to her, it is a good cure for cough. I usually just boiled it with rock sugar in a slow cooker. I may try it these days as my daughter is prone to cough same as her papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Lilypie