Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cambodia Trip 2010- Part III -Tuol Sleng

Here, I am going to continue and conclude my Cambodia trip.


One thing good with Phnom Penh, you can see stalls selling coconut on most of the main streets.  My mom and brother enjoyed the fresh coconut water.


The outside view of Tuol Sleng. It is actually a school and was converted into a human prison during Pol Pot time. Many Cambodian , especially those older generation who had gone through the Pol Pot time did not like to talk about this.










I was in Cambodia for almost 7 years. I had never visit Tuol Sleng. Those photos were taken by my brother. Every time when my family members or friends visiting me, I just get my driver to send them there.

Tell you, one of my maids told me this. She was staying near to Tuol Sleng. Her mom told her that years after Pol Pot time over, they can still hear crying and screaming came out from the school (prison). They believed it is from the "spiritual" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Lilypie