Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thought of the Day

Hubby’s company has some major changes due to the economic downturn. As everyone says, securing a job is very important right now. Looking at the bad time nowadays, yet everything needs money and living costs are getting more expensive, life is getting more difficult.

Medical is one of the most important aspect nowdays and the cost is getting more expensive. Still remembered those days while we were in Cambodia, the company doesn't provide any medical benefits and we have to scoop out every single cents from our own pocket. I remembered that I spent almost USD85-90 for every visit to a Singporean MO while I was pregnant. It was even more expensive when I had pregnancy complication and was admitted to the Cambodian local French Hospital as foreigner was charged double.

He is now working fora company that provides a very good employees’ benefits. It covers almost everything from medical for whole family , kids’ preschool fees, dentist and optical subsidies etc etc....... to the extent of covering the maternity bill. During my second pregnancy, I had received lots of treatment and was in-out hospital for few times and these were all covered by the company. If we're to pay all those bills, I guess it would be a huge sum!

I am just hoping that hubby will be able to attach with his company until his retirement age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Lilypie