Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chinese Herbs Soup- Sap Yee Chan



here's the ingredients!



Just put everything into the slow cooker and put enough hot water to cover the herbs


Some ladies will take this Chinese herbs soup right after their menses every month. What they buy from the Chinese medicine shop is PAT CHAN 八珍. But mine is SAP SEE CHAN 十二珍。My mum got the ingredients when she went to Hong Kong many years back whereby one of her Hong Kong friend brought them to try out some Chinese herbs there. She got the list of ingredients and she started to ask the Chinese medicine shop to follow when she was back to Kuantan.






The differences between both are PAT CHAN 八珍 has 8 types of herbs and SAP SEE CHAN 十二珍 has 12 different herbs. I personally feel that SAP SEE CHAN 十二珍 tastes sweeter and better.





I took SAP SEE CHAN 十二珍 ever since I was 11 years old. Even when I was in Cambodia last time, my mom asked the shop to ready pack a lot and I had enough supplies for a year to bring back to Phnom Penh.



I will definitely pass this “recipe” down to my lil’ Missy!




Do e-mail me if you wish to get the "recipe"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Lilypie