Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Quick and Easy to Prepare Lunch!


I was short of time the other day when the kids came back from school and they "shouted" for lunch. I think they must be really hungry that day because they normally take their lunch after their bath and rest.

In the nick of time, I came out with this dish. Udon with sausage and mushroom minced pork meat sauce and topped with ikan bilis (their favourite!)

Luckily, I made some mushroom minced meat sauce a few days before and keep some in the freezer for next meal to stir fry with Japanese tofu. Besides, there is always a bottle of dried anchovies ever ready in my kitchen.

So, I thawed the frozen sauce in microwave while cooking the sausage and the udon in the boiling water in a saucepan.

Once the sauce is thawed and warm, just mix it with the udon. Final touch was topping the dish with their favourite ikan bilis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Lilypie