Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Assam Fish




I normally used the ready mix rempah in making this assam dish all the time. Of all the ready mix products in the market, the brand that I like most is Rempah Nyonya.




Here's the ingredient I used:-


1) Whole fish or fish fillet ( I used mackerel fish fillet because I couldn't find a fresh ikan merah)
2) A few stalks of lemongrass
3) 1 tomato , cut into wedges
4) 1 red chili, cut into slices
5) few slices of Mengkuas
6) Assam paste (mixed with water and strain)
Method:-
1) steam the fish for about 5 minutes and let aside.
2) put 2 tablespoon of oil to wok to heat, add in the lemongrass and Mengkuas to stir fry until fragrant. Then add in the red chili and ready mix rempah. Stir fried for about 3 minutes.
3) Pour in the assam water and add in the tomato. Stir for a while.
4) Put in the fish and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Dish up and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Lilypie