Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Barley Ginkgo Dessert



I have a hubby who loves dessert. So, I'll make dessert at least once a week. This is one of the desserts that I made. De-seeding the ginkgo/ lotus seeds is slightly time consuming, so, I normally cook this on weekend.


Ingredients:-

1) Barley
2) Ginkgo/Lotus Seeds
3) Fu Pei (bean curd skin)
4) Rock sugar
On side note:- I use pressure cooker to make this as the bean curd skin dissolve /become soft easily when cook in the pressure cooker.
Method:-
1) fill the pot with water. Add in the bean curd skin and barley to boil. Cook for about 45 minutes. Then put in the ginkgo and rock sugar. Let it boils for another 30 minutes.
2) Turn off the stove. You can either serve it warn or chilled it. I find out it taste good when serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Lilypie